Pain Relief Blog
Astronaut Kelly sets record in space… grows 2 inches
Astronaut Scott Kelly, who just announced his retirement from NASA, holds the American record for most time in space. He recently returned from having spent nearly a year on the International Space Station. His long stay is intended to pave the way for future missions to Mars.
It has long been known that spending time in space has an impact on astronauts’ bodies. Reporting for NBC News (http://nbcnews.to/1oZi5PQ), Felix Gussone, MD and Shelly Choo, MD, observe that astronauts returning from space show signs of:
More brittle bones
- Bones in the legs, hips and spine experience a significant decrease in load bearing.
- This leads to bone breakdown and a release of calcium, leaving bones more brittle and weak.
- The release of calcium can also increase the risk of kidney stone formation and bone fractures.
- Extended spaceflight results in less work for the legs and back: muscles can begin to weaken or atrophy, and this could lead to fall-related injuries and accidents.
And the most interesting thing of all…
- Astronauts get a bit taller in space: on Earth, the disks are slightly compressed due to gravity whereas in space, that compression is no longer present causing the disks to expand.
To see Dr. Gussone’s and Dr. Choo’s story, check out the link above to NBC News or check out Robert Ferris’s article at: http://cnb.cx/1U9W5hH
While we cannot say for certain that Captain Kelly is being treated with Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy, we can tell you that NASA has patents on PEMF used to counteract the effects experienced by astronauts after spending long periods in space.
You don’t need to be an astronaut to benefit from PEMF. That’s because the FDA has approved MDcure, which delivers sets of extremely low frequency PEMF therapy, to treat muscular pain. MDcure relieves low back pain, decreases inflammation and promotes cellular healing when used as directed.
MDcure can be tried risk-free because it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee and you can use your HSA and FSA account towards its purchase. Check out what patients have to say about MDcure and how it relieved their low back pain at:
Please send us your comments and stories and share this article in your social network.
Advisory: The contents of the MDcure website and blog are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. When a third-party source is referenced, the recommendations and/or opinions expressed are those of the author’s. Always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have about a medical condition and before starting or stopping any exercise program. Reliance on information provided by Aerotel is solely at your discretion. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately!